AMT Tech Specs
American Music Theatre is a state-of-the-art, 1600-seat, proscenium theater located in historic Lancaster, PA.
In addition to touring artists, AMT produces a series of “Branson-” or “Vegas-style” shows from April through December.
AMT requests that all current Stageplots, Input Lists, Tech Riders and Hospitality Riders be provided directly to the Production Department.
AMT employs a dedicated and hard-working Production Team who look forward to making sure that you are comfortable in our venue and put on a spectacular show for your fans!
Click the links below for:
Proscenium Width: 56′
Proscenium Height: 24′
Stage Depth: 36′ w/crossover behind US wall
Apron: 12′ at center line
Trim Height: 24′
Grid Height: 61′
Load-In & Parking
Parking for tour busses and semi’s is located directly behind the stage.
There is no shore power, however busses may run their generators with no restrictions.
Loading doors at Stage level:
- (1) Covered loading dock, 8′ x 8′ door
- (1) Ramp to stage level, 12′ x 12′ door
All Electrical needs including stage, sound and backline power must be advanced with AMT.
- 100A, 3-phase, to cam-loc’s, SR
- 600A, 3-phase, to cam-loc’s, SL
All rigging needs must be advanced with AMT. We have accommodated very complex rigging plots for Broadway tours, but due to the construction of our grid flexibility is required. All bridles must hang below the walking grid indicated below and pass through 10′ loft wells to reach the high steel.
Loft wells run perpendicular to the proscenium at Center Line, and 9′, 18′, 27′, and 36′ L & R of Center.
There are no FOH sound rigging points downstage of the proscenium, therefore most artists stack their PA on the apron as opposed to flying it.
FOH Lighting Truss rigging points are available. See the attached Rigging Plan.
AMT can usually clear linesets for moving lights, backdrops, etc. when advanced.
- High Steel: 61′
- Walking Grid: 55′
AMT’s audio system was designed and installed by Clair Bros. / Clair Solutions and is driven by Lab Gruppen amplification and controlled via Lake System Control Software. In-house consoles include a Yamaha CL5 at FOH and a Yamaha PM5D for monitors.
PA System includes the following components…
- (8) Clair Bros. C-8 line array boxes (3-way), per side
- (3) Clair Bros. C-8 line array boxes (3-way), center cluster
- (4) Clair Bros. CS218 sub enclosures (high-output dual 18”)
- (4) Clair Bros. FF2 front fill boxes
AMT’s house lighting plot is a “repertory plot” designed to accommodate our in-house productions as well as touring artists with minimal changes.
AMT can provide basic re-focusing to accommodate specific needs, however any necessary requirements above and beyond this must be advanced.
Lighting consists of four electrics and two FOH catwalks.
Conventional fixtures include ETC Source 4 Ellipsoidals and PAR 64s FOH along with Moles hung on the proscenium walls.
ETC EOS Console, with up to 80 submasters/playback faders and 4 DMX universes.
Note to LD’s who carry their own console: Use of all AMT intelligent fixtures and conventionals in the plot require three universes of DMX.
1st Electric, Downstage, (48) circuits
- (10) Rush Par 1 washes
- (8) 19 degree Source 4 specials
- (3) Vipers
2nd Electric (48) circuits
- (10) Rush Par 1 washes
- (6) 19 degree Source 4 specials
- (4) Vipers
- (4) MAC Quantum washes
3rd Electric (Currently on a baton)
- (10) Rush Par 1 washes
- (5) Vipers
- (4) MAC Quantum washes
4th Electric, Upstage, (36) circuits
- Full Cyc wash (Red/R27, Blue/R83, Lav/R57)
- (3) Sets of ACLs (L201 color correction)
- (8) 10 degree specials
- 10 degree front stage wash, (20) fixtures
- (6) sets of PAR 64 Color washes (No Color, L27, L120, L21, L181, L113)
- (2) Lycian 1275 Spotlights
- (1) Black velour fiber-optic “star drop” as upstage backdrop (cannot move)
- (3) Black velour fiber-optic “star legs” per side (cannot move)
- (2) Radiance hazers
Staging & Backline
- (20) 4′ x 8′ riser sections w/ skirting (misc. 12″, 18″ and 24″ legs)
- (1) Baldwin 7-foot concert grand piano
Hospitality & Catering
AMT requests that all current hospitality riders be provided to the Production Department directly. We do not have kitchen facilities in-house, so all food needs must be advanced prior to your show.
AMT is a dry venue and therefore does not provide alcoholic beverages. Please plan on stocking your bus at the previous venue if necessary.
AMT is a non-smoking venue. We ask that smoking be confined to outside the loading dock area or on the Greenroom balcony.
Wired Ethernet connections and WiFi are available throughout the venue.
A small Guest Production Office is located backstage and contains two tables, a multi-line phone, a wired Ethernet connection, WiFi, and a private bathroom.
If required, faxes can be sent to and from our main office fax #, (717) 397-7850. Please request that all incoming faxes be marked “Attention Guest Production”.
Dressing Rooms are located one story above stage level and are accessible by stairs or elevator.
- (2) “Star” Rooms with full private bath
- (3) Large “Chorus” dressing rooms
- (1) Small Office with private bathroom, Wifi, Wired Ethernet, and a multi-line phone (backstage)
- (1) Men’s bathroom w/ showers
- (1) Women’s bathroom w/ showers
- (1) Greenroom w/ meal seating and buffet tables
- (2) Clothes washers and dryers
The hotels listed below offer a preferred rate for guests performing at American Music Theatre. All the hotels have bus parking available upon request. For more information on each hotel, click on their name and it will link you to their web site. Please keep in mind that Lancaster, PA is a major tourist destination, so prompt reservations are recommended as many of the hotels are booked during the summer and fall months.
- AmishView Inn & Suites – 3125 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand PA 17505. Tripadvisor & Trivago’s #1 Lancaster hotel. Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast. Full service restaurant on premises. 10 minutes from venue. (717) 768-1162
- Eden Resort and Suites – 222 Eden Road, Lancaster, PA, 17601; full service hotel; complimentary transportation to/from Lancaster Airport and Lancaster Amtrak station; 15 minutes from venue; (717) 560-6444
- Lancaster Arts Hotel – 300 Harrisburg Avenue, Lancaster, PA, 17603; full service hotel; complimentary taxi service within 5 miles; 15 minutes from venue; (717) 299-3000
- The Inn at Leola Village – 38 Deborah Drive (off Rt. 23), Leola, PA, 17540; full service hotel; complimentary car and driver service; 10 minutes from venue; (717) 656-7002
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites – 1900 Historic Drive (off Rt. 896), Strasburg, PA, 17579; 10 minutes from venue; (717) 455-4700
- Comfort Inn – 24 South Willowdale Drive, Lancaster, PA, 17602; breakfast only; within walking distance of restaurants; across the street from venue; (717) 293-9500
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites by Wyndham – 2045 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA, 17602; hot breakfast only; 7 minutes from venue; (717) 290-7100
- The Wingate by Wyndham – 2110 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA, 17602; breakfast only; 2 minutes from venue; (717) 299-6604
- Hampton Inn – 545 Greenfield Road, Lancaster, PA, 17601; hot breakfast only; within walking distance of a full service restaurant; 10 minutes from venue; (717) 299-1200
- Lancaster Marriott at Penn Square – 25 S. Queen Street, Lancaster, PA, 17603; convention center; middle of Lancaster city; walking distance from restaurants and bars; 15 minutes from venue; (717) 239-1600
- Tru by Hilton Lancaster East – 2320 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 17602, USA; 2 minutes from venue; (717) 399-3100
AMT Production Contacts
Advance & Day of Show Contact
Concert Stage Manager
Director of Production
Please contact AMT directly to advance your show or to discuss any questions or concerns. Thank You!