It’s New Year’s Resolutions Time
It’s probably around this time of year that you start thinking about New Year’s resolutions. Maybe you’re like many other folks who resolve to eat healthier, getter a better job, lose weight, manage stress, quit smoking, exercise, save money, volunteer, etc. The list goes on and on. Maybe you’re one of those people who make a resolution NOT to make resolutions. In an unofficial survey, I found out the proposed 2013 New Year’s resolutions of a few of our AMT staff …
1. My resolutions are to spend more time outside with my daughter and to make time for myself once a week. Since I’m a dance teacher, I’d also like to spend more time in the studio, choreographing fabulously fun routines for my dancers! ~ Meghan Young, Group Sales Coordinator
2. Our family made a resolution last year to invite another family, neighbor, or church member to have supper with us each month. We didn’t quite accomplish it every single month, but we’ll try to make it happen this year. We like getting to know people better and enjoy the fellowship, laughs, and food. ~ Shannon Bauer, Box Office Reservationist
3. I resolve to be a Philadelphia Eagles fan no matter how bad it gets (and it’s getting pretty bad.) ~ Mike Rathfon, Digital Marketing Manager
4. My 2013 resolution would be to learn to make jewelry. ~ Hayley Groff, Sales Associate Team Leader
5. Although I don’t really believe in New Year’s resolutions, I secretly make them anyway, just in case. Mine this year is to find time to connect more with family and friends and eat more vegetables! ~ Andrea McCormick, Artistic Director
6. My resolution is to lose weight by switching to a Clean Eating way of life. Clean Eating involves eliminating processed foods, chemicals, and sugar from one’s diet. At first, I’ll avoid the processed foods and chemicals, but eventually, hope to be able to “quit” sugar as well! Wish me luck! ~ Pam Rutledge, Controller
7. I’d like to read 100 books in 2013. I’d also like to sail on a cruise ship across the Atlantic Ocean. ~ Lisa Hall, Box Office Manager
As for me, I’d like to see Kenny Loggins in concert again. I’ve made this same resolution for the last three years … maybe one of these years it will actually happen before either Kenny or I are too old to show up.
No matter what you resolve to do or not do in 2013, I hope you’re successful. Best wishes for a happy, healthy, safe, and prosperous New Year.
Donna Haefner is a member of American Music Theatre’s Marketing Department. She can be reached at dhaefner@AMTshows.com.