Frequently Asked Questions
What are AMT’s current COVID-related policies and procedures?
- Masking requirements will be per state-issued guidance at the time of performance. At this time masks are not required by state health authorities, however, we do ask that all non-vaccinated attendees wear a mask while inside the theatre. We will continue to monitor directives issued by the Governor’s Office and will update our policies, as necessary
- At this time, per state and local guidelines, distanced seating is not in effect. We do encourage all patrons to maintain six feet of separation whenever possible when congregating in the lobby or at the concession areas
- Additional sanitizing stations can be found throughout the lobby
- Restroom renovation featuring touch-less amenities (will commence late summer/fall, 2021)
- AMT “Clean Teams” servicing high use areas throughout the theatre
- Upgraded air filtration system – 108 individual MERV-13 filters have been added to purify your experience
- Feeling unwell? Out of respect to other attendees, staff, and performers, we ask that patrons with a fever or COVID-like symptoms not attend in-person gatherings. While we are unable to issue refunds, due to contractual obligations with the artists, we encourage ticket buyers to purchase the ticketing insurance option, at checkout. Furthermore, we will gladly allow ticket holders to utilize our social media event pages to post their tickets for resale, during this time.
Where can I find info on shows postponed due to COVID-19?
Up-to-date information on all affected performances can be found HERE. All tickets purchased for previous dates are automatically valid for the new show date(s). We thank you for helping in the sustainability of AMT by maintaining your tickets for the new show date(s).
Will my AMT Membership be extended due to the recent closure period?
In order to honor our commitment to our Members, each AMT Membership has been retroactively credited the amount of time that elapsed during our closure. Updated membership expiration dates can be viewed individually by logging into Member Accounts.
Notice to Guests
- All bags and persons may be subject to search for safety and security reasons.
- As a reminder, please be respectful and follow the directions of our parking lot staff when exiting the property. We appreciate your patience.
- In case of emergency, follow instructions from staff or emergency personnel.
What is available for those needing accessible seating?
For guests who require accessible seating, ADA seats are located on either side of the Orchestra and Mezzanine sections.
What is your photo/recording policy?
Non-professional, non-flash, still photography is permitted at most events. However, for some events, at the request of the artist/performer, photography of any type may be prohibited. On show days, any adjusted policy will be advertised on signs at the entrance to the venue.
Video and audio recording devices, flash photography, professional photography equipment (such as those cameras with interchangeable lenses) are not permitted without express written consent. Point-and-shoot/compact style cameras, and cell phone cameras are permitted, however, video recording using a cell phone camera or any type of mobile device is prohibited.
American Music Theatre reserves the right to confiscate any photo or recording device if policy signs are ignored. Patrons found possessing professional equipment not expressly authorized will be asked to leave their cameras in their vehicles, or will otherwise be escorted from the venue. This policy will be strictly enforced and management reserves the right to deny any electronic device at their discretion.
What is your bad weather cancellation policy?
AMT Original Shows – If an AMT Original Show is presented as scheduled, ticket holders may exchange their tickets for another date during the run of that same show. Ticket holders must contact the Box Office prior to the start of their original ticketed performance in order to make an exchange.
On the slight chance we do cancel an Original Show due to bad weather, ticket holders will be notified and a message will be posted on our website. Ticket holders will have the option of exchanging their tickets for another date during the run of that same show.
Celebrity Concerts – Per contractual obligations, if the artist/band arrives at AMT and is able to perform, the show will go on as scheduled and tickets will remain non-refundable and non-exchangeable. If a show is cancelled or postponed due the artist/band’s inability to travel, the ticket-purchaser will be notified with the reschedule date or ticket refund information. Please note, AMT is only able to contact individuals who have purchased tickets from AMT and have provided an email address or phone number at the point of purchase.
What are your General Refund and Exchange Policies?
Celebrity Concert tickets are FINAL SALE and are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-EXCHANGEABLE
AMT ORIGINAL SHOWS
All AMT Original Show tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE, but are EXCHANGEABLE, as follows:
- Christmas Show tickets may be exchanged for another Christmas Show performance date and time for a $3 per ticket exchange fee
- AMT Original Show tickets must be exchanged PRIOR to the performance date and time for which guests are currently holding tickets
Does my child need a ticket?
Children age 2 and younger do not need a ticket if they will be seated on an adult’s lap or in a child carrier. Please note, certain touring concerts may have different policies. Age verification in the form of a birth certificate or passport will be required at the point of entry for non-ticketed children of questionable age.
Youth tickets are available for AMT Original Shows for guests ages 3-17.
What is your stroller policy?
Due to potential safety hazards, strollers are not permitted in rows or in the aisles. If a stroller is necessary to transport a child to their theatre seat, an AMT usher will gladly move and store your stroller in the back of the theatre until the end of the show. For the convenience of others, guests are encouraged to leave strollers at home or in their vehicles prior to arrival at the theatre.
Parents of young children are reminded that the front row of our balcony (row AA) has a small barrier, but is otherwise open, and could present a hazard for unattended children. Depending upon the height of the child, the small barrier may impair the view of our stage. We also remind our patrons that our mezzanine level is located on the main floor of the theatre, the same level as our orchestra seating.
What are the box office hours?
For our Box Office hours of operation, please click here.
How do I redeem a coupon online?
- After selecting your seats from the seating chart, your tickets will go into your Shopping Cart.
- In the “Coupon Code” box, enter the code (the code is case sensitive) and then click “Unlock”
- The discount will be automatically reflected in the pricing for each applicable ticket.
I’d like some information about Gift Cards
AMT Gift Cards are the perfect choice for anyone who loves music and shows. They can be purchased in any denomination and can be used toward Original Show and Celebrity Concert tickets. They can also be used in our concession stand and gift shop. You can purchase AMT Gift Cards at the box office, over the phone, or online by clicking here. Gift Cards can be redeemed in person, over the phone, or on our website. AMT Gift Cards, along with customer credits, have a redemption period of ten (10) years from the date of issuance.
Commemorate an Occasion on Our In-Theatre Screens
Looking for a unique way to wish someone a happy birthday, celebrate a special occasion or acknowledge a family event? For $10.00 per message, your special message can be displayed on the AMT in-theatre video screens before a show and during intermission (where applicable). Requests must be submitted at least ten (10) days in advance of show.
To place your special message request, contact our Box Office at 800-648-4102 with the specific show date and time and the message you’d like to display. It’s that simple!
AMT reserves the right to approve and edit any message, if necessary. Screens may contain multiple messages, if space warrants. This service is not currently available online.
When are the Gift Shop and Concessions Stand open, and what is available?
Our Gift Shop and Concession Stands are open one hour prior to scheduled showtimes and are brimming with unique gifts and an assortment of food and non-alcoholic beverages. For an informative video and helpful information on each, click Gift Shop and Concessions to find out more.
Where can I find …
- My Will Call Tickets? Our Will Call window is located at the Box Office, inside the main lobby of the Theatre.
- A Coat Rack? For your convenience, a coat rack is located on the east side of the main lobby, in the alcove under the staircase.
May I stand or dance at a concert?
American Music Theatre is proud to welcome all types of shows and concerts to our stage. Occasionally during a performance, audience members will show their enthusiasm by standing and dancing, or may approach the stage, especially when encouraged by the performers to do so. Please know that AMT will make every effort to ensure the safety of all guests, while presenting an enjoyable experience for everyone. With this in mind, AMT staff reserves the right to require patrons to remain seated. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
What’s the easiest way for me to enter the building?
To find the quickest route from the parking area to your seat, look at your ticket and note the seating location listed under the word “Section.”
Orchestra Left enter on West side
Orchestra Right enter on East side
Mezzanine Left on West side
Mezzanine Right on East side
Balcony – Enter the theatre via our front entrance, and use the staircase on the left for any seats on Balcony Left , and use the right-hand staircase for seats noted on the Balcony Right
For guests in need of elevator to gain access to our second floor (Balcony level), please use the entrance on the east side. The elevator is located near the Box Office area.
Where Can I Park?
AMT offers all parking, free of charge. For sold-out performances, we recommend arriving 30-45 minutes before showtime, as our lot can become full. Additional parking can be found at nearby retail lots.
What restaurants and hotels are nearby?
There is a great selection of favorite locally owned, and tried-and-true chain restaurants within a few miles of AMT to choose from. We’re also fortunate to have a number of hotels close by. Our Reservations Staff would be happy to make recommendations for both restaurants and hotels, or you may want to visit the “Places to Eat” and “Places to Stay” pages of the Discover Lancaster website or the Hershey Harrisburg Visitors Bureau website for more information. For additional information on our local offerings, click here.
What Is Your Firearms Policy?
American Music Theatre (AMT) recognizes that Pennsylvania is an open-carry state for firearms. However, AMT requires that no open or visible display of firearms occur on-premises. As such, any guests who choose to carry firearms must adhere to conceal carry within the theatre or on theatre grounds and must comply with all PA state laws. AMT reserves the right to contact law enforcement as necessary to resolve any disputes. *Policy may be adjusted on a per-show basis, at the wish of the artist.
What is the duration of a show at AMT?
Our Original Shows typically run 2 hours, including an intermission. Our celebrity concerts last anywhere from 75 minutes to 2 hours or more, depending on the artists’ preference and the lineup of acts.