The AMT/ACM Connection Continues
There’s no denying that the connection between American Music Theatre and the Academy of Country Music continues to be strong.
Sunday evening, April 6, was one of country music’s biggest nights – the night when the Academy of Country Music presented their 2014 ACM Awards at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Many of the event’s nominated and award winning country music superstars have played AMT in the past, or are scheduled to perform here in 2014. Check this out:
ACM NOMINEES/WINNERS SCHEDULED THIS YEAR
– Merle Haggard received the Crystal Milestone Award at the ACM Awards. An AMT fan favorite, Merle returns on April 28.
– During the ACM Awards, Sheryl Crow performed with Dierks Bentley (“I Hold On.”) Sheryl was nominated in the Female Vocalist of the Year category, and makes her AMT debut on June 1.
– On June 12, husband/wife duo Thompson Square will hit the AMT stage for the first time. Thompson Square was a Vocal Duo of the Year nominee.
– Vocal Group of the Year nominee, and another newcomer to the AMT stage, the Eli Young Band will perform on August 29.
– There’s one additional 2014 ACM Award winner who’s scheduled to perform at AMT this year, but their identity is still a secret. Keep an eye out for an upcoming concert announcement to find out who it is!
COUNTRY STARS WHO HAVE PERFORMED AT AMT IN THE PAST
– Miranda Lambert graced the AMT stage in 2008. This year, she was named Female Vocalist of the Year, and also won awards for Single Record of the Year (“Mama’s Broken Heart”) and Vocal Event of the Year (“We Were Us.”)
– Song of the Year nominee Gary Allan (“Every Storm [Runs Out of Rain]”) lit up the AMT stage in both 2011 and 2013.
– Opening for Little Big Town at AMT in 2012, Kacey Musgraves won the Album of the Year award (“Same Trailer, Different Park.”) She was also nominated in the Female Vocalist of the Year category.
– Speaking of Little Big Town, they performed at AMT in 2009, 2010, and 2013, and were nominated in the Vocal Group of the Year category.
– Other country artists who took part during the ACM Awards and have performed numerous times at AMT included awards presenters Jewel and Trisha Yearwood, and Darius Rucker, who performed his Single Record of the Year nominated song (“Wagon Wheel.”)
OUR PROUDEST ACM CONNECTION
This past January, AMT was selected as one of five nominees in the 2014 ACM Awards Venue of the Year, Small Capacity category. The winner will be announced during the 8th Annual ACM Honors event on Tuesday, September 9 in Nashville. A huge THANK YOU goes out to the Academy of Country Music, the extraordinary musicians, and the dedicated fans who continue to support country music at AMT.