What Do Your Music Choices Say About You?
Do you think it’s possible that your favorite music genres can give others an insight into your personality?
Professor Adrian North of Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK, undertook the largest study to date of musical tastes and personality type, focusing on the role of musical preference in everyday life. He is an expert on music psychology and has carried out extensive research on the social and applied psychology of music.
Over the course of three years, Professor North asked more than 36,000 people in more than 60 countries to rate a wide range of musical styles in order of preference, and also questioned them about aspects of their personality.water slides for sale
Below are the interesting findings of Professor North’s study. Do you see yourself in any of these?
– Blues fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing, gentle and at ease
– Jazz fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing and at ease
– Classical music fans have high self-esteem, are creative, introverted and at ease
– Rap fans have high self-esteem and are outgoing
– Opera fans have high self-esteem, are creative and gentle
– Country fans are hardworking and outgoing
– Reggae fans have high self-esteem, are creative, not hardworking, outgoing, gentle and at ease
– Dance fans are creative and outgoing, but not gentle
– Indie fans have low self-esteem, are creative, not hard working, and not gentle
– Bollywood fans are creative and outgoing
– Rock/heavy metal fans have low self-esteem, are creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, and at ease
– Pop fans have high self-esteem, are hardworking, outgoing and gentle, but are not creative and not at ease
– Soul fans have high self-esteem, are creative, outgoing, gentle, and at ease
Whatever style of music fits your personality, just keep listening and enjoying!
Donna Haefner is a member of American Music Theatre’s Marketing Department. She can be reached at dhaefner@AMTshows.com.