American Music Theatre is a 1,600 seat celebrity venue that hosts over 80 concerts a year along with an in house season of AMT Original Shows. We offer a great opportunity to work at beautiful facility with top-notch entertainment with competitive pay and comprehensive benefits: employee discounts, paid time off, health, dental, vision, and life insurance, and 401(k) with company match. We appreciate your interest.
ASSISTANT HOUSE MANAGER
An exciting opportunity at AMT for a full time Assistant House Manager (AHM).
Ideal candidates will have previous assistant or management experience working in theatre, hospitality, retail, or food service.
The AHM assists the House Manager in managing the House Department with a focus on our Usher Staff.
This is an Entry Level management position for individuals with 2-5 years of experience. Salary range 30k-35k.
Responsibilities include assisting with:
- Staff supervision and training for Ushers, Parking Lot, Concessions, and Gift Shop
- Focus on customer relations
- House operations (cleaning, supplies, accident reporting procedures)
- Ticket system reporting and seating resolutions
- Staff scheduling and time-keeping for Ushers and assisting with other departments
- Cash handling with accounting for cash drawers and deposits
- Assist House Manager in Gift Shop with: POS, buying, ordering, stocking, and merchandising
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Prefer to work in a customer service oriented job
- Work well as part of a Team, co-managing, and independently
- Flexibility with scheduling needs of a large part-time staff
- Patience under a variety of circumstances
- Versatility to oversee 4 departments and the ability to jump in and assist, as needed to alleviate lines, or in other areas
- Good cross communication with management, staff, other departments, and patrons
- Positive leadership and outlook with ability to promote a positive atmosphere with staff and patrons
- Computer skills required and experience with ticketing system and/or POS, a plus
We offer health, dental, vision, and life insurance, PTO, employee discounts, a fun work environment, and great shows!
Please email resume and short e-note or cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Assistant House Manager or AHM in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
American Music Theatre is located at 2425 Lincoln Hwy E., Lancaster, PA, directly across from Rockvale Outlets.
We have an exciting opportunity for experienced sewists in our wardrobe department. We’re accepting applications for temporary/seasonal, part-time stitchers during our build months September-October and March-April for our in-house productions. This position requires sewing experience, the ability to handle various work tasks and to work well with our production team.
We offer a great hourly rate, flexible working hours (some sewing may be approved to do at home), the experience of participating in a professional theatre, and complimentary tickets to our Original Productions, exciting entertainment, and food and gift discounts.
AMT is located at 2425 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, across the street from the Rockvale Outlets. If you’re interested, please send a short email note and resume to Laurie Martin at: email@example.com. Please reference Wardrobe in the subject line, or stop by the theatre to complete an application at our Box Office. No phone calls, please.
If you have experience as a stagehand, then you may be a great fit as part of technical crew. Experience with Audio, Lighting, or Carpentry preferred. Candidates must be able to work days, evenings and weekends, and some night shifts during changeovers. Currently reviewing applicants for future openings.
Please complete an application at AMT Box Office M-F 9-8, Sat. 9-10, Sunday 12-6 , or email resume with cover letter to: Laurie Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.